Still no answers

Sorry I have not gotten back sooner we just moved into our new home. I am compiling a list of all your questions and will comment on those asap.

I would like to thank everyone who checked out my website and commented on my blog. I knew after reading several of the responses that Nebraska still has the best and most passionate fans on the planet. I really appreciate all the comments regarding the site, this whole process is new for me so I feel like I’m learning on the run.

Well, here I am again, another new week and still no answers.  I feel like I could take last weeks entry and apply it to any of the last seven games.  I will say this, the team played with improved intensity and a little fire in their bellies, at least in the first half.  What the hell did they do in the locker room at halftime?  Did they give them each a pillow and say “We will wake you up in fifteen minutes?”  Why in the world were no adjustments made during the half?  Did they really think A&M was going to come out of the locker room and not have changed a thing?  Why are we sitting in “over” defense when we’re playing a team that runs the dive option?  I probably have just as many questions as you do and I am equally as frustrated.

I’ll start by giving some game thoughts. On offense, I thought Shawn Watson did a good job calling the plays in the first half, probably the best combination of run and pass that I have seen all season.  I thought he tried to get our power running game going.  He got the freshman (Castille) involved early and it gave our offense a different dimension that we’ve been missing all season.  Even though he is young there are no excuses for fumbling the ball, you have to hold onto the rock. I also believe that when a young player fumbles the ball, you have to put him back in the game soon so he doesn’t loose his confidence. The fat guys up front did a better job blocking for the inside run but they still need to get better on their pass protection.  Too often when Keller dropped back to pass he had somebody in his face.  A&M’s defensive line shouldn’t have been that effective, they’re just not that good.  The passing game didn’t work for several reasons. One was, Sam threw some bad balls.  Two, the receivers dropped a few and three, the protection wasn’t great.  The thing that pisses me off is why we abandon the running game so fast.  We came out in the 3rd quarter and pretty much gave up on the run.  Keep the balance in the offense, the game isn’t won at the end of the 3rd quarter, there are four full quarters, so keep that in mind when your game planning for Texas.

Defensively, I saw more emotion out of our guys at least in the first half.  They looked like they were running around smacking people in the mouth, having fun.  I’m not saying it was a great half of football but it was much better than what we had seen in previous games.  Why didn’t we force McGee to try and beat us with his arm?  He wants to keep the ball on the ground; he wants to run the option, that’s what he’s good at.  A few times in the first half we jumped into what looked like a 46 defense, this is what we should have been playing most of the game.  Four lineman and two linebackers walked up on the line of scrimmage, load the line of scrimmage and force them to pass.  At some point you have to say this 43 defense is not working and you have to try something else.  Change the defense, change some rules, change some assignments but for heaven’s sake change something.  Instead of having the defensive end run down and tackle the dive, let him slow play it, this will give him an opportunity to help on the dive but if the quarterback keeps the ball he can play him.  This also gives the secondary a chance to get off their blocks and get to the pitch.  Why in the world did we play an over front against a team that runs the dive and the veer?  Balance up the line of scrimmage, put the two tackles head up on the guards, this way they can two gap and make plays in plays in both A and B gaps.

How ironic that we get smocked by the one thing that we used to kill people with, the option.  For all you out there that think the option is dead, hello!  I talked about this on the radio and why the option is so effective.  Unless the opponent runs the option themselves, it is extremely difficult to prepare for in a few days.  It is assignment football and if one guy on defense is wrong, you’re going to get hurt.

I want to spend a little time talking about the atmosphere at the game.  I was down on the sidelines for the first half so I heard everything that our players heard from the fans and let me tell you, it was great.  I knew as soon as I got to the stadium that there was a special feeling. Fans seem to have hope, I have to believe that Coach Osborne played a huge role in this feeling.  We know that even though we are struggling now, our program is heading in the right direction.  It was great seeing some of the ex-players; I know a lot of them are happy to be back. I was glad to see the old tunnel walk video; it certainly lets everybody know this program is built on its tradition.  Seeing the fans get out of their seats every time the defense took the field gave me goose bumps. Oh, what I would give for just one more day in Memorial Stadium.

Later, JP “Double Nickel”
www.jasonpeter.com
listen live weekday 3-6pm CT ESPN1480 click here

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 2
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:12 AM Betty wrote:
    JP:

Thanks for the memories. Thank God for Coach Osborne. Bring back the Nebraska we all know and love. GO BIG RED!!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:25 PM Husker_x wrote:
    Hey Jason,

You make a lot of interesting comments here. I only was able to listen to the game, but from what I heard, our defense was the dumbest kid on the block. 4-3? Against the option? I understand wanting to stick to your base for awhile and feel the situation out, but when the half rolls around and we're still in the game, you've just GOT to adjust, especially when their quarterback can't throw ball past the side of his head. Part of me wonders if there isn't some intention here on Callahan's part. It just seems fishy that even someone like me can contrive a better defensive scheme than an NFL coach.

It's a sad day in Mudsville when the only life our fanbase seems to show is directed at a retired coach. I think Callahan deserves a nice pat on the back for that one. I'm glad some of you guys are getting back into the heart of the program, though. Tradition is what sets us apart. A winning tradition. If you want to know how to win, you'd do well to ask the guys who know how. I think Coach Osborne will soon set things right

Loved your blog. Keep'em coming.
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:29 PM BigRed95 wrote:
    Jason, thanks for writing this blog. It was great hearing a players perspective on what the atmosphere was down on the sidelines (without the influence of a coach over your shoulder). Any other insights you can give us from your point of view is greatly appreciated. GBR
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:51 PM Huskr4Evr wrote:
    Just to let u know JP, Husker fans will never say die. We will complain, get frustrated, pissed off but we won't desert the program that have given us all so much. Every saturday we'll be in front of the TV, or at Memorial. We arn't goin anywhere. GO HUSKERS!!!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 4:13 PM Brian'92 wrote:
    Jason, great summary.

The silver lining of this black cloud of a season was 4 free tickets for the game at the last minute. I was a little worried about new words the kids may pick up from frustrated fans while at their second Nebraska game.

My 6 year old daughter was disappointed they didn't do the wave like last year. Sorry dear, only happy people do the wave.

Half way through the 3rd quarter my 9 year old daughter looked at me and asked, "Why don't they tackle the guy who keeps the ball all the time?" After that I lighted up and had much more fun at the game. A 9 year old at her second football game recognized that the team needed to do something about "the guy who keeps the ball all the time". Something. Anything.

In the end, we had a great Husker day of Valentino's pizza, peanuts, ice cream and the game time atmosphere. And the kids got to touch the turf after the game. It was a good day for two future Husker Fans.
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:17 PM Judy wrote:
    I would love to see you back on the field at least one more time. What a great game. Thanks for everything.
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:55 PM bugeater50 wrote:
    Why, oh why is Callahan and Cosgrove so fixated? My god...an "excellent job in my heart of hearts?" I know we're too stupid to understand his plays...but for god sakes even kids know how to pick sides with the best and keep them in the game. How can you keep your playmakers in for a play or two and rotate them out? Couldn't he have given Joey Ganz a chance in the fourth quarter? Know I know how Custer's men felt...it sucks. Can you imagine Johnny Rogers only getting a few touches a game? For cryin out loud BC...and KC....take your intelligence elsewhere please.
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:11 PM NCHUSKER47 wrote:
    You live in Lincoln,
    You work on a Radio station who's genre is Sports,
    You have access to the sidelines on gamegame.
    Jealousy doesn't even cover how I feel!
    All joking aside, Welcome HOME.
    Its great to be able to comment with someone who actually mingles with the players and has a feel for what's happening down on the sidelines.
    I've always been a fan that relished every game so this is the first time in 37 years that I'm looking forward for the Colorado game to end. I think Coach Osborne might be every Husker fans Santa Claus this year. God willing,
    we'll get this straightened out sooner than later. Keep up the great work on "The Spread". Looking forward to your updates on the site. God Bless!!!GBR
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:35 PM Linda(GBR) wrote:
    NCHusker47's wife. Well we probably saw this year's best BR accomplishment in Winston Salem. We had a fantastic time and got to meet many Big Red fans that came from NE. Since we are in NC not a far trip for us. Next hope will be when they go Blacksburg in 2009...

By then we should have a NEW coach and a great old time NE team. We listen via internet to all games but, really miss being back there, however, weather here in NC beats NE a whole lot.

We were in Miami for Tom's first National Championship! That was probably our best time of all!!!

Well, 4 more to go and only need 2 wins to get a bowl bid; here's hoping as generally, those are the only games we attend any longer in retirement.

Your wife did a super job on your site. Thanks to her!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:05 PM Kim wrote:
    JP,
    Thanks for the insightful comments. I'm hooked on The Spread -- I wish you could divert just half of the passion you exhibit for Husker pride and football onto the current team. I agree with so much of what you say -- and it is great hearing it come from someone with so much inside knowledge. Keep up the great work -- both with your blog and with The Spread. I totally agree with your comments today about wasting a redshirt season -- in light of the fact that we're not playing for a title, or even a Top 25 ranking -- the coach should be thinking about what is right for the player at this stage in the season.
    Oh -- and what we all wouldn't give for just one more day with you on the field in Memorial Stadium!!!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:17 PM barney wrote:
    Can we all say---------Ganz,Ganz,Ganz,Ganz----coach Schiano, Coach Schiano,orrrr Coach anybody else with pulse and body warmth
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:49 PM Oats wrote:
    Peter-

When I see a guy sell two extra husker tickets for $20 a piece 45 minutes before the game, some dickweed needs to go back to the NFL.

If Pederfile gets clipped for ‘losing his department’, Callahan is toast because he has lost husker nation.

Welcome home!

Oats - Lincoln
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:37 PM HistoryHusker wrote:
    "Oh, what I would give for just one more day in Memorial Stadium."

JP PLEASE explain this to the current year players and make it a part of our Tradition!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:59 PM Randy S wrote:
    Holy Crap J.P., you sound like a coach!
    Hopefully, when Bo or Turner takes over (please God, let it be so) they will talk you into being the D-Line coach. Just promise to guest host on "The Spread" every now and then.

I bleed husker red, but I have felt like booing. In fact, I've booed the T.V. (better than throwing the remote) after watching this team under-achieve. I can't believe this program has fell this far, this fast. I don't totally blame the players, the coaching staff has not taught these players how to play football the Nebraska way. If the coaching staff wants people to quit booing and bitching, play NEBRASKA football. A 4-8 record would be a little more tolerated if we were in the games, busting ass and making people bleed. As it is now, we're getting our asses handed to us by the middle of the second quarter, and any hustle the players had at the start of the game is sucked away faster than you can say "Dyson"

Not only should the blackshirts be put away until better effort is put out, but also do away with the tunnel walk. Nothing is more damn phoney than seeing these guys bump their chest, jump up and down, and then not match that intensity once the game is 10 minutes old.

Love you on the show J.P. I am a middle aged, slow dude, with a bad back, and I want to run through a wall for you when you go on one of your rants.

Just think about that coaching position. Maybe you could talk Grant into being a L.B. coach.

Light some fire under those asses!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:09 PM Driven1 wrote:
    JP, I just found out about your radio show a few weeks ago, & having never really listened to sports radio, I'm hooked, I've only missed your show a few times. Great show! Today you guys were talking about these high school kids, 4 stars, 5 stars, etc. & how they "think" they're Cuba Gooding Jr. in Jerry McGuire. They buy into all the hype they get in high school making them the super star & think that'll carry into college ball automatically. No one ever tells them that they can't succeed on talent alone. Not in a team sport like football anyway. It's going to take work! Sure, they may be great athletes, but true success is a combination of many things. They come to this level thinking they don't have to earn there position. My point is, I think this is an attitude that extends beyond football. Young kids these days don't seem to think they have to earn anything. Some are even given a false sense of security/confidence. Have you ever seen someone that's honestly terrible at something, but someone like there parents tell them they're the best? Now to get looked at for college ball, you obviously can't be terrible, but you get the point. Because now these kids get to college & everyone is fast, big, & strong & they don't know how to cope. They think they have the right to everything, a sense of entitlement, & that's just not the way it works. Not on or off the field. You can't have a field full of chiefs. You can be a 4 star, 5 star, 6 star, but if you don't have the right attitude, & you don't have any character, you're all about you, & don't work from the heart, you'll never be successful! It's great to have T.O. back because this is exactly how he operates. It's not about him, it's about the kids, the program & the people of Nebraska. Keep up the great work!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:28 PM ScottJ wrote:
    Thank god someone is out there saying what needs to be said! Keep up the great work, and add me to the list of people that hope to see you on the sidelines lighting a fire under these kid's butts!

I grew up watching Husker football. Some of my best memories growing up were of watching a game over at my Grandpa's (who has since passed). Watching this season feels like someone is ripping my heart out each week. But I finally starting feeling good about things with T.O. back in town and listening to you guys speak out on what's happening. Keep it up...we've missed you!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:21 PM wayne wrote:
    Thanks Jason. Keep up the good work and thanks for your dedication.
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:21 PM Wavy Gravy wrote:
    JP, you allways seem to be right on, any chance you can take over for Cosgrove?
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:35 PM tyler wrote:
    right on jason, I nelieve callahan means well but you can't run the huskers like an nfl team. He tries to plug holes in our team through collrge free agency [juco] instead of developing young talent. this strategy was ok for a year or two but now it is showing through. And as you said the option looked was supposed to be old news, everyone seems to be running finr on us. well we didn't gravitate to mediocraty we flew way below it. Stil plugging along GO BIG RED! later 55
    1. Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:37 PM tyler wrote:
      damn asshole use a spell check!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:32 PM Dustin A. wrote:
    Jason,

Welcome back to Lincoln! It is great to hear the voice of reason and reality from a man that has been there with proven success. You have hit the nail on the head speaking of tradition, class, and a hard work ethic. Keep up the great work and honest feedback. Thanks for adding the blog, and The Spread. Good luck to you and Sara, I hope for nothing but the best for you both in Lincoln. Go Big Red!
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:46 PM Herbie wrote:
    The option works well against slow defenses. It's a race to the corner. There aren't too many of those left any more. Keep this in mind before you go trumpeting the return of option football to Lincoln. Please.

An additional request - please find some humility. Calling yourself 'double nickel' like you've just parachuted in from the Hall of Fame is just ... silly. You were a good player on a great team. Tooting your own horn is too close to saying most of your accomplishments weren't due to the players you were surrounded by. Keep in mind, your legacy is as much about crack and pain pills as it is about tackles, so a lack of humility would be inappropriate. There is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, but stay off the pulpit. You're not all that & a bag of chips.
    1. Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:45 AM Russ wrote:
      lol dude, did you forget to take your afternoon nap?

He was a great player on a great team,
      surrounded by unselfish players who worked their asses off to be the best they could be.

Don't you go taking shots at JP to make yourself feel better, he doesn't need some asswipe who's probably affraid of his own shadow telling him
      about his mistakes in life...that was a low blow btch.

From what I have read he calls it like it is plain n simple.

And he earned the right to have his opinions on Husker ball I'd say.

Nevermind mental midget, you're probably Ciach Coz lol. or his butt buddy maybe eh?

Sry JP, I know your quite capable of defending yourself, but I had to reply to this punk.
    2. Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:19 PM ruacornhead2 wrote:
      JP has shown more courage by straightening his life out than this slap-happy has exhibited his entire life.

Keep up the great work, #55!!!!

Hey, my daughter is a good little 10 year old softball player and she is #2. After listening to the Spread the past month or two, we're thinking of changing to the 'ol double-nickle. She loves that: DOUBLE NICKLE, BABY! Do we have your permission?

GO CORN, BABY!
    3. Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:35 PM TJ wrote:
      Did you watch football in the 90's? JP was a great player on a great team. He was an ALL American you dumb ass.You probably never played sports and are jealous of JP's accomplishments. I listen to his show and you hear him talk about the teams he played on. I don't think I have ever heard him rattle off his accomplishments. And to bring up his addiction is a low blow. Obviously you never made any mistakes in your life. Wish we could all be as perfect as you.Enjoy eating your bag of chips on your couch wishing you could have played next to the DOUBLE NICKEL.
    4. Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:03 PM wojo wrote:
      herbie, you're a friggin moron. you use the name herbie, and then attempt to slam jason peter. obviously you're not a fan, or a very confused one. did florida, miami, or tennessee have slow defenses in the 90's? HELL NO! those teams were overflowing with speed. the option is successful with athletes that are more physical than the defense they are facing. being the first to hit the opposition in the mouth, and playing through the whistle. recruiting athletes and molding them into maniacs on the field. guys that get off the ball and flow down the line of scrimmage head-hunting. nebraska didn't recruit the fastest players in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. we recruited athletes that turned out to be more physical and had the drive and the heart to want to win. next time you "think" about replying to a post, run it through that filter real husker fans call a brain. then i think you'll see it would be a bad idea to reply. lastly, about your parting shot about problems, addiction, and standing on pulpits, look in the mirror first.
    5. Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:56 PM tyler wrote:
      This guy has to be Steve Spurrier. Still pissed about 62-24, as I recall jason peter was all american all and a first round draft pick. Pretty good! The comments about a mans problems are low blows, The man beat his addiction and has made a come back. That is more than most people can pull off. The old option is what you are talking about, I think what jason is talking about is the spread option like the one oregon wake forest texas a&m and texas run. Little option, alot of run, mobile qb with a decent arm. later herbie!
    6. Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:57 PM wahusker wrote:
      Herbie, is your real name Kirk Herbstreit? JP represents what Husker football is all about. I think you are confusing pulpit with true Husker passion. You can express your opinion Herbie, but don't take a shot at the 'Double Nickel'. Have your even beat an addiction? Oh, by the way, Mountain Dew doesn't count?
      I have a ton of respect for you JP and enjoy listening to you on the SPREAD. Are you sure you don't have one more year of eligibility?
      1. Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:54 AM Jason Peter wrote:
        I wish I did have another year my man.  Glad you enjoy listening to the show, I'm having a blast working with Shmitty and the Nancy Boy.  I do feel that everybody has a right to their own opinion but makes me happy to see you've got my back.  You're right about the passion part, I absolutely love Nebraska football and it is killing me seeing them play this way.  Hope they play with a little fire today.  JP
    7. Friday, October 26, 2007 12:37 PM Marcus wrote:
      awww...is the asshat upset that JP is a great player?
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:13 AM cole wrote:
    Great to hear your perspective 55, i agree about no changes on defense it was hard to listen to the game, especially when matt davidson continues to ask why?? why ?? into the mic, why don't they make defensive changes, to hear a WR asking that and see our coaches not making a change is pretty bad.
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:11 AM Submarinhusker wrote:
    All I can figure is that Callagrove are a couple of hard headed mugs. Their 4-3 defense has not, is not, and will not work. Your right, you have to man up on the line of scrimmage for the option, we look like we're in prevent defense all 4 quarters. I'm just glad we're not playing Baylor this season, losing to them would be the icing on the cake. Thanx again Callagrove for destroying decades worth of tradition and records, you wanted to put your signature on Husker football and you've succeeded beyond your wildest dreams.
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:35 AM Hustada wrote:
    Love the show JP. As far as Im concerned, you have just as much a right as anyone, being a former great blackshirt, to have an educated opinion on whats going on. Good job and keep up the great work.
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:24 AM Dakota Husker wrote:
    Jason, great entry and eval on the game. Rumor out there is Bo is already to become HC with possibly Rathman as OC, and maybe even Scott Frost joining the defensive staff with maybe Mike Stoops as the DC. What's your take? Also, isn't it interesting that the #1 Juco player, a defensive player, commits to the Huskers after visiting Bo and one of the nations best teams (LSU) as well as best defensive teams in the country. Could Bo be recruiting for NU already? It all seems to add up! Or could this be wishful thinking?
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:38 PM Jim wrote:
    I was trying to email “the spread” but could not find the email address so hopefully you can pass on my thoughts.

First I want to thank you for your efforts made back in the time you attended Nebraska to make us the National Power that we were. My friends and I always talk about how the football team has lacked leadership since you and Wistrom graduated. We just have not had anyone step up to the plate and want to lead the troops.

The thing I really wanted to comment on was some of the negativity that is being put on the current staff and more importantly their families. I read somewhere where Kevin Cosgrove’s son was actually booed at his local football game. I must say that I was outraged by hearing about this behavior. We talk frequently about how honest, good hearted, decent people Nebraskans are and then you here about this type of crap. It is just embarrassing. Don’t get me wrong, I’m as upset about the play of our football team as anyone but to resort to attacking a man’s family is something you would here out of Colorado or some of the other dregs of the world. This should not happen in Nebraska.

I will admit that I had been a supporter of the current staff up until the USC game but have since come to realize that a change is necessary in order to right the ship and in an effort to get this program back into prominence. I wont get into the details of the problems of the current staff as we all know there are many, but no matter what happens to this current staff I think they at least need to be treated with some respect and decency. I don’t think anyone can say that our current failures are because of lack of effort from Callahan and his staff, the bottom line is his approaches just have not worked. If you are on the national stage looking at all the negativity being thrown at this staff, I wonder if any prospective coaches are going to want to come in here and have every decision will be second guessed and questioned as they currently are. If we are going to fire them then let’s fire them, (and hopefully Bo will take the job) I don’t disagree with doing this but at least let’s send them out with some decency and treat them like the best fans in college football that we claim we are.

I know the fun thing to do right now if to be negative and pick a part everything about the team but let’s try and stay positive. Keep in mind that it took TO 20 years to win a national championship and we also went 7-8 years in a row of losing bowl games in the late 80’s and early 90’s. We will have our day again.

GO BIG RED!!!
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:55 PM GoBigRed wrote:
    So...this is a little off the subject, but it is a question I have been wondering about for a while now. Have the football players always been allowed to go downtown to the bars after home football games and drink and party until late into the night? I was always under the impression that during football season, it is completely against the rules to drink, especially in public bars....I was a little disturbed to here that many of the players, including Keller and McKeon and Purify and so forth, were down at the Rail partying hard core after the Iowa State win....and then again last week after the loss to Texas A&M! It was heard fromt he players mouths also, that they basically don't give a crap about this season anymore....I find that very disappointing to know that thousands of people pack into that stadium on game day to see their beloved team play hard and with all their desire to win...and here are some players, who really don't care whether they win or lose. It is truely very sad....
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:58 PM scottyP wrote:
    Jason,

I have an analogy from my background on this season.

This situation is like a battle field full of wounded soldiers, and soft well meaning intentions are leading to a greater loss.

T.O. please make the tough decision now and let's stop the onfield hemorrhaging. Pass on those who while crying out to you are too far gone to save. Move to the ones to whom your attentions and training will do the most good.

The program is in disarray, recruits are dropping, current players are losing faith and the will to fight, the battle field commander is oblivious to the tactical situation, let alone the campaign, and the program is in jeopardy of losing the support of PEOPLE. As a surgeon you will have to cut, the patient will bleed, however it is the RIGHT thing to do.

Good intentions have killed people and programs.
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:01 PM HuskerSupporter wrote:
    I know a guy that works with Bill Callahans wife and apparently since St. Louis' offense is having so much trouble the boosters are working a deal that would allow Callahan to get out of his contract with us and go finish the season in St. Louis. Nebraska would then be off the hook for the contract because St. Louis would pick up the buyout. It's under wraps with lawyers right now but after the Texas game they are going to announce it.
    1. Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:31 PM O wrote:
      Callahan will not walk out of here without his $5 million. He won't quit. You know that guy who works with Bill's wife, he is full of shit.
    2. Friday, October 26, 2007 8:50 PM Katrina wrote:
      Bill Callahan makes 1.75 million dollars per year and you want be to believe his wife works outside the home???? What are you smoking???
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:21 PM HuskerSupporter wrote:
    He will get the 5 Million its just that we won't pay for it the Rams will. Listen you should believe me on this it makes sense. It gets Callahan back in the NFL and he still gets his money. Think about it.
    1. Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:40 PM O wrote:
      No, I believe you, really…

The only person who is going to want to see Callahan after the Texas game is his shrink.

Page: 1 of 2